Saturday, October 8, 2011 | By: Snickers

A brief San Francisco history, Journey is becoming a reality


I'm doing a little more research today about the greater city and county of San Francisco and what I'm reading is astounding - the history of this city is extroidinaire and enriching, which dates back to 3000 BC. Did you know that before the American-Mexican War in 1846 San Francisco was named Yerba Buena and belonged to the country of Mexico. Fascinating! San Francisco has become best know for sourdough bread, the gold rush years, Chinatown, the streetcar trolley and many other facets that makes this city such a great experience and I'm about to embark down to this amazing gem to experience life and create my own story.

A little know fact and connection to this city for me - my mother was born and raised in San Francisco. I remember the family vacation we took to the bay area. It was the summer before I entered the 5th grade and it was such a great trip with my parents, brother and sister. The car ride down there took almost an entire 24 hours, but I remember waking up at three o'clock in the morning the our van rental to driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. The lights beaming from the bridge still resonates with me as a visual of this glorious city.

My mother has horrible memories of this city - but mainly because her father treated her and the rest of the family with disrespect, abuse and neglect. But that's all in the past!

Earlier this year, an astrology psycic told me that I'd be making a big move in 2011 that would change my life in a direction with good fortune, prosperity and a heathy life. I suppose this is the move that he is referring to. I'm feeling great about this move and I can't wait for the journey to begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment