Wednesday, October 12, 2011 | By: Snickers

Change of Plans, Going with the Wind

Sometimes life gives you the downers, but at the same time, it gives you the uppers. A really great opportunity has come up that is going to give me a chance to live in New York City for three months and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon for this opportunity. My dear friend, Maridee, has offered to sublet her cheap ($450 a month in harlem) apartment for January through March. This is such an incredible offer and I'd be insane not to take it.

This is what I would like to do while in New York City:
-work as a bartender to make money and improve my talents and skills as a bartender.
-volunteer/intern at a theater company as an artistic direction intern.
-explore the city and write a play to produce/direct.
-hang with my drag superstars: manila luzon, sahara davenport, mimi imfurst, and many others that I'm sure to hang with during my time there.
-really see the boys of A-List of New York and their crazy antics to write about.

Wether I stay past the three months of find my way to make a liveable income to survive in New York, this will be a great opportunity to fullfil a dream of mine and that is to live in New York City. Life is a stage and we are all merely players - I'm here telling my story for the world to live around me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment