Sunday, October 9, 2011 | By: Snickers

The Dawn Awakens

I woke up this morning and it hit me, like an epiphany works for a zombie during an apocalypse. Teaching theater to at-risk and homeless Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender-Queer youth is appealing to me as it entices me, all at the same time. What better place to dive in and spread my theater arts knowledge than San Francisco. That's not the only reason that I'm heading to the bay area. As a theater artist, this part of the country is booming with theater opportunities left and right - much bigger than Portland and Seattle. Plus, the gay and lesbian community is one of the largest in the country - if not the world. I just need to figure out where this will take place and how to fund it. I'm seriously thinking of starting a kickstarter campaign to reach a comfortable goal of funds to properly make this a reality.

But I don't need to justify my reasoning about my big move.

I've heard back from a couple of hostels in San Francisco - but one promising one is the Adelaide Hostel which sits really close to the theater district, which would be amazing!!! We'll see what happens with this lead. Still - I hold my head up high with the shades on my face and drinking my shot in the dark and eat my blueberry muffin. This afternoon I'm relaxing for a bit before I head out to the University District to bartend at Wing-it Productions. It's going to be a long week, leading up to my big birthday! Super excited!!!

Here's a morning breakfast of champions: shot in the dark (espresso drink) and a big and delicious blueberry muffin at Bedlam Coffee in Belltown.

Treat yourself today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment